The City of Yamhill is excited to seek the City’s first ever full time City Administrator since becoming a City in 1891.
Yamhill, Oregon, is seeking a passionate, dedicated, and strategic leader to serve as its first full time City Administrator. The City Administrator will manage a budget of $6.4 million and a staff of 9 and will direct all City operations, including the development and implementation of the Council’s policies, priorities, and goals.
Yamhill, a small farming town located half-way between Portland and the Coast, is in the heart of Willamette Valley’s Wine Country. Home of the Yamhill/Carlton High school and Intermediate School. Yamhill is a small community with 1105 citizens who are proud to call it home.
The ideal candidate is a stable force and visible within the city, leading by example and participating in activities and events as a member of the community. Considered to be approachable, this candidate will be a dedicated, innovative, and proactive leader who possesses outstanding team-leading skills. They will set the tone for a welcoming and inclusive culture built on trust and collaboration with city staff, as well as the Mayor, City Council, community, and business partners.
- Lead several water projects within the City and in partnership with some of its neighboring cities.
- Improve the City’s social media presence for better communication with its citizens.
- Continue the sidewalk projects to expand and enhance the citizens’ ability for intra-city walking and connections.
- Plan for the City’s next round of growth with citizens and regional partners.
- Proven leadership and management skills in a multi-faceted organization.
- A strong knowledge of public budgeting, finance, and reporting.
- Ability and skill in establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with the citizens, elected and administrative officials, employees, and representatives of business and other governmental partners.
- 5 years progressively responsible public or business experience affording a knowledge of state and local government laws and practices.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required. A master’s degree with major course work in public administration or related field is desired.
City Administrator Job Description
City Administrator Supplemental Questionnaire
Application can be found at the below link: