The Yamhill City Council meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm.
The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City. Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
- The current Council is:
- Mayor Paula Terp
- Council President Kay Echauri
- Councilor Jay Disbrow
- Councilor - Yvette Potter
- Councilor Dana Gray
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Homeward Bound Pets, 2018-2019 funding request, Ronnie Vostinak,
B. Yamhill County Transit Area, 2018-2019 funding request, Cynthia Thompson, Transit Manager.
C. Champion Team, 2018-2019 funding request, Heather Hunter, Executive
D. Budget Committee – Consider appointment of Joy Brown– Three year
Term – 2018-2021 (term expires December 31, 2020)
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Follow up with business owners regarding code complaint report concerning residential business on W. Third Street
B. Discuss and make decision regarding planned Foot Bridge on E. Azalea Street.
C. System Development Charge study update presentation- Steve Donovan.
D. Consider and discuss development of tennis courts at Jane Heinrich Park
- Alex Martin, teacher at the Yamhill/Carlton Intermediate School.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-749, a Resolution by the City Council of Yamhill, Oregon continuing ten (10) Reserve Funds.
B. Consider adopting Capital Improvements Plan based on Service Development Charge study and adopting Resolution No. R-750, a Resolution Adopting Capital Improvement Plans for the City of Yamhill’s Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, Streets and Parks System by the City Council of Yamhill, Oregon.
C. Discuss Department committee liaison positions.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – February 14, 2018
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) ElanCity - PO# 18-039 - $ 2,630.00- Radar Speed Signs
(2) Goble Sampson Associates – PO# 18-040 - $1,348.78 – replacement
pump heads for chemical feed pumps.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Budget Committee work session, Monday, April 2, 2018, 6:30PM. City
Council Chambers, 155 E. 1st Street.
B. Town Hall Meeting with the Yamhill County Commissioners on
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM.
C Statement of Economic Interest, required by the Oregon Government
Ethics Committee (OGEC) must be received electronically by April 15,
2018. If you have any questions contact them at 503-378-5105.
Budget Committee - 2 members - Applications are available at City Hall.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****